Advantages of a SaaS Project Management Software
- Access anytime, anywhere – Running the application only requires access to readily available web browser software such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Subscription based – You pay for the application on a yearly subscription basis. There are no large up-front software purchase fees.
- Cost effective – You do not need to invest in hardware, operating systems, middleware, or end user applications; or the personnel required to maintain them all. Genius Inside handles all of the setup, upgrades, backups and all other services required to keep the application running at peak performance. You can focus on the business at hand: Managing your projects.
- No investment costs - The fees are registered as an operating expense, not as an investment, which makes it easier to get the budget approved.
- Easy to maintain – There are no additional maintenance costs and no maintenance upgrades for you to install. The software is automatically upgraded as needed with no effort on your part.
- Shareable – Data can be shared with staff and other business partners. However, you control who has access to what.
- Secure – The applications are hosted off-site in limited access facilities and are backed up daily to provide extra protection from data loss.
- Faster deployment – Since there is no server setup required and there are no applications to install locally, a SaaS application like Genius Project On-Demand can be up and running very quickly.
User Identification. Only the members of a Genius project can access its contents. Each user selects his/her own password for GeniusProject.com. The users’ passwords are stored in a one-way encrypted format and are not accessible to employees of Genius Inside. After entering the required registration information as a new user, you will be able to access your user account immediately. The password is chosen directly as part of the registration process and not sent to you by any other means. A password system has been established to ensure that only you can access your personal information and project data. The acceptable minimum password length is 6 characters.
Protection of Stored Information Genius Inside takes many measures to protect stored client information, including:
- Using a firewall to protect our server farm and stored information.
- Monitoring system and application activity logs to identify any unusual activity, from authorized or unauthorized individuals accessing our systems or making changes to stored information.
- Housing the server farm in a highly secure building to provide additional protection against unauthorized access and changes to stored information.
- Automatically encrypting all documents stored at GeniusProject.com with a unique key and saving anonymously in a secure database so that they cannot be identified.
- All employees at Genius Inside are bound by a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement prohibiting access to and dissemination of information handled by the company’s clients when using the GeniusProject.com Web service.
Hosting Facilities. Genius Inside uses SafeHost’s Swiss datacenter which has received SGS’s ISO 9001 certification as well as that of the “Commission Fédérale des Banques” (CFB). This is the highest level of service available in Switzerland. In North America, severs are hosted with Digital Days which has successfully been granted by ACPA the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements N° 16 (SSAE 16) Certification. Each customer has a dedicated database instance to increase backup and access security. Each customer instance is replicated on several hosting locations.
Internet Connection and Server Architecture Genius Project server farms consist of a range of redundant hardware components including:
- Large bandwidth, redundant Internet connections to one of the main Internet connection points and redundant routers with failover configuration.
- Redundant firewalls with filters and failover configuration.
- Application and Web servers in the form of several load-balanced multi-processor servers.
- Redundant database cluster configuration.
- Database server mirrored in a failover server, which will take over if the main server is interrupted.
- LAN with redundant network switches and failover configuration.
- Highly secure computer facilities with cooling systems, UPS, backup systems and fire protection.
Backup Routines. Genius Inside has implemented the following backup routines:
- The database servers’ RAID- system is mirrored on line.
- All backups are encrypted.
- A differential backup that saves changes made to files over the last 24 hours is performed every day. The backup is made on alternating tapes to prevent faults arising in them.
- The backup medium is transferred at regular intervals (once a month) to an off-site long-term storage facility.
- The encryption of the client’s information is retained whenever backups are performed.
- Genius Inside has implemented replication routines to ensure availability of customer instance on several servers and several locations.