For people using Lotus Notes or Lotus Domino, Genius Project, without a doubt, is the best possible project and portfolio management solution. A recognized IBM Business Partner, Genius Inside takes advantage of the latest technology from Lotus Domino to build superior enterprise project management tools.
Genius Project’s IBM Lotus Notes and Domino delivery option is a 100% Notes-based solution that requires no external executables or libraries (DLLs), and guarantees absolute compatibility with your existing information environment and infrastructure.
Leverage your existing email, collaboration, and project planning tool infrastructure investments. Genius Project elevates Microsoft Project to the enterprise project management level.
Advantages of a Lotus Notes Project Management Software
- Minimal investment: Genius Project for Domino requirements are modest; only 1 server (that does not need to be dedicated to Genius Project) for all of its features. And it can easily be distributed between multiple servers for scalability.
- Easy to install and maintain: The Genius Project installation process is extremely simple and consists of copying databases on the Domino server and sending an email to the users involved. In only 15 minutes the solution is installed and users are more organized and efficient!
- Security: Genius Project makes use of all Notes/Domino advantages without compromising company security or confidentiality.
- Replication: Genius Project supports all replication functions, allowing you to work offline without sacrificing data integrity.
- Integration with other Lotus Notes databases: Genius Project is delivered with a comprehensive API that allows you to link or integrate other Lotus Notes databases.
- Document Management: The Genius Project repository stores all documents in Notes databases. All referential documentation is created in Lotus databases, either through Project for Domino’s 100% Notes API, or by using the basic Lotus Notes functions, like «DocLinks».
- Tight integration with Lotus Notes client: Genius Project lets you import resources from your address books, integrate emails into the projects, synchronize unavailabilities between your calendar and Genius and have your tasks appear directly into your to-dos.
- Gantt chart: The Genius Planner, built-in Gantt chart is 100% web and Lotus Notes based. Plan and execute all of your projects directly from Lotus Notes with Genius Planner, our built-in Gantt chart tool.
- A real IBM Lotus Domino Based Microsoft Project Server
With the Lotus Domino infrastructure Genius Project gives you greater web browser access features than even Microsoft Project Server. Yet, unlike Microsoft Project or others, our integration has no external dependencies (such as .EXE’s or .DLL’s), there’s no need for an additional database, and there is no ODBC connection necessary. With this approach you are able to work with the identical user interface, whether you choose a web browser or the Lotus Notes client.
Learn more about benefits for Lotus Notes users
Requirements for Lotus Notes Solution?
You need to have a domino server. Genius Project supports Lotus Notes 5 and above and we are certified for Lotus Notes 8.